Having cellulite is no fun and though it is always best to embrace your flaws, it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. Eating healthily and having a balanced diet can never be beaten for creating and maintaining your ideal body, but unfortunately with cellulite you can have a healthy and even slim body and still be prone to cellulite.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is caused by fat clusters in the hypodermis. It appears bumpy because the fat clusters push up against the connective tissue which causes the skin to pucker up. You then get reduced blood circulation in these areas which leaves the skin looking duller with a poorer texture and tone.
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite is something women are prone to; in fact it does not relate to being overweight and there is not one specific cause of cellulite, but rather factors that can build up and contribute to its development. These are just some:
- Hormones – Hormones likely play an important role in cellulite development. It is believed thatoestrogen, insulin and thyroid hormones are part of the cellulite production process.
- Genetics- Certain genes are required for cellulite development and may predispose an individual to particular characteristics associated with cellulite.
- Diet- People who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, or salt and too little fibre are likely to have greater amounts of cellulite.
- Smoking- Cellulite is often seen as more prevalent in smokers.
- Sedentary Lifestyle – Those who sit or stand in one position for long periods of time with little exercise are more prone to cellulite.
- Clothing- Tight clothing particularly underwear can contribute to the signs of cellulite.
How We Can Help:
Cellulite builds up due to a multitude of factors, but now with the Velashape III we can tackle many aspects of this with just one laser. A series of treatments with this laser can leave you feeling a lot more confident and comfortable with your body, both naked and in your clothes.
The Velashape III uses a combination of four different technologies, infrared light, bi-polar radio frequency energy, vacuum and roller massage. The efficient heating system stimulates growth of newer and better cells for the connective tissue. This results in decreased skin laxity and body volume. The vacuum and roller massage stimulates blood circulation and lymphatic drainage which improves the texture of your skin. All together and most importantly these add up to decreased signs of cellulite with the added perk of body contouring.
These treatments are safe and effective without involving surgery and downtime. In just a few treatments you will notice your cellulite diminishing and confidence in your body raising.
Your Next Step:
The first thing you should do is book yourself in for a free consultation. There are no set-ups or preparation needed before your consultation.
During the consultation you can show the affected areas to our technician who will be able to recommend to you the best course of treatments and answer any questions that you may have.
Following that you will have a free patch test. This is the use of a laser on a small affected area to see how your skin reacts. Once you have shown no adverse reactions to the laser you can get booked in for a full course of treatments.