- Leg vein removal covering veins up to 4mm in width
- Varicose veins & Campbell de Morgan Spots can also be removed
- We use the most advanced IPL equipment available
- Advanced lasers so that we can treat all skin types
- Over 15 years of expertise in leg vein removal & rosacea
- Two clinics in central London, Bank and Tottenham Court Road
- Free consultations and patch tests
Leg Vein Removal
Leg veins is another name for thread or spider veins that are found on the legs. Leg veins are tiny blood vessels that are running close to the surface of the skin, making red or purple wiggly lines. Leg veins are not broken but rather just slightly dilated. The technical name for them is telangiectasia.
Leg veins often develop as a person ages. This is because our skin and blood vessels become more elastic and the valves start to weaken. This causes the blood to occasionally flow backwards down the legs rather than up back to the heart. Thus causing the veins or capillaries to dilate.
Women are 10% more likely to develop leg veins than men. This is partly because the condition is often caused by hormonal changes associated with menopause and pregnancy. Though there are other factors which can cause the development of leg veins such as being overweight, too much sun exposure and certain medications, it is also possible to see it running in families.
IPL works to treat leg veins by firing short bursts of light of different wavelengths onto the affected area. This light is absorbed by the haemoglobin in the leg veins causing those blood vessels damage. Eventually the veins break down and are reabsorbed by the body. IPL effectively treats leg veins while minimising harmful effects to surrounding healthy tissue.
IPL for leg vein removal is effective for:
- Varicose veins
- Thread veins
- Large leg veins
- Campbell De Morgan Spots