Aftercare instructions for laser hair removal treatments:
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately. However, exercise, swimming, steam, sauna, Jacuzzi use, and sun-tanning are not recommended for 48 hours.
- Use of sun block; 20 minutes before sun exposure; is essential even on cloudy overcast days. Apply sun block every 2 to 4 hours especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
- void any other method of hair removal other than shaving and trimming with scissors (i.e. no tweezing, waxing, electrolysis, threading, bleaching) as the laser needs a target in order to be effective. Depilatory creams may be used.
- It is advised to gently cleanse the treated area with a mild soap or a cleanser with tepid water only after 12 hours. Skin should be patted dry and not rubbed.
- Immediately after the treatments, there may be redness and bumps at the treatment area, which may last up to 2 or more hours. Use a cold compress if necessary. If there is any crusting, apply antibiotic cream. The use of aloe vera gel or sunburn cream can also be used to sooth the treated area.
- Do not use deodorant, perfumes or scented body lotions/creams etc. over the treated area for 48 hours after the laser.
- Avoid anti acne medication like Retinol- A for 1 week and products containing AHA
- Make up should be avoided for 12 hours following laser, over the treated area.