How To Achieve Youthful Glowing Skin for your Wedding DayIt is a universal desire, especially on our Wedding Day, for perfect, flawless, healthy, and glowing skin. We spend a great deal of time, effort and cash on our appearance, seeking to reach the full beauty-potential our genetic make-up will afford us.
Our Wedding Day is when we get to be the stars of the show; the center of everyone’s attention. The photographs will be viewed again and again for years to come, and will likely outlive us, as these family treasures are passed down the generations. One wonders what the Grandchildren, and their children, will notice about us in our wedding pictures.
Classically, facial beauty is considered to be characterized by smooth, rounded facial contours, with high cheekbones, hollow jowls and a well-defined jawline. This gives the aesthetic appearance of a traditional heart-shape.
As we age the skin loses some of its natural elasticity due to the loss of the fibrous protein collagen, and the loss of fats that help bulk it out in the right places; gravity has more of an impact on looser skin, and these three combined, result in a reversal of the traditional heart-shape, with the forehead and temple area narrowing, while the jawline expands.
Today, facial beauty is appreciated when it is most natural-looking, with minimal make-up; facial hair should be invisible or absent in women, cleanly shaven or tailored for men. The skin should have balanced tones of colour, without blemishes, freckles, moles, birthmarks etc., yet it should radiate a healthy glow. The latter attribute actually reveals clues about your diet, your emotional well-being and the condition of your intestines!
To get the best from your genes, without resorting to surgery, you need to pay attention to the insides as well as the outside. Your skin health is reliant on a dietary supply of nourishment, healthy digestion and fully functional, intact intestines! Skin is the largest organ of the body and reflects the health of internal organs. The best place to start addressing the internal organs is by concentrating your efforts to the general diet first.
My suggestions on manipulating the diet for healthy, glowing skin:
• Drink quality water everyday (keep sipping it throughout the day to keep the body, including the skin, hydrated)
• Eat generous portions of the fruits and vegetables that provide carotenoids (the brightly coloured pigment in yellow, orange, red and some green fruits & vegetables). Choose fresh, organic, locally grown (in the UK) whenever possible. Carotenoids actually contribute to the colour of your skin and a study on aesthetically pleasing faces concluded that natural skin tone enhanced by carotenoids is more attractive than a suntan.
• Oily fish 3-4 times per week to supply Zinc and omega 3 fatty acids. Zinc assists in cell renewal, healing, and hormonal health, while omega 3 fats help regulate hormone balance and reduce inflammation and dryness.
• Nuts and seeds (Caution: Not for Acne sufferers) such as Almonds, Flax & Chia seeds, Walnuts, Brazil’s and Cashews. They supply nutrients that benefit skin like omega 3, Vitamin E and Zinc, and fibre that is essential for healthy intestines.
• Organic Free Range Eggs supply Vitamin A, Biotin, Lecithin and protein which are all good nutrients for skin health.
• Foods rich in Vitamin C help collagen production to keep the skin nicely plumped like a baby’s bottom. Your weekly menu should include a variety of Vitamin C sources such as the vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, radish, chilli peppers, bell peppers, okra and spinach; fruits like apricots, blackberries, kiwi, mango, papaya, pineapple, strawberries, and for those who do not have any skin conditions, citrus fruits are also a good source, but not the highest as some people suspect!
Non-Surgical Recommendations for Overcoming Skin Damage & Other Seemingly Impossible Flaws:
• For that Tattoo you wish you never had, Pulse Light Clinic have the latest technology for tattoo removal with swift results on the most stubborn colours.
• Girl with a moustache? Notice how prominent it becomes in photographs and when you wear light colours? Laser hair removal using the new Soprano XL is now a painless experience!
• For men – do you grow a five o’clock shadow too soon after shaving? Upper lip, chin and jaw are the most common areas of treatment with Laser hair removal for men.
• For sun damage and photo ageing (including mottled pigmentation, red and brown sun spots, freckles, broken veins and enlarged pores) Photo Rejuvenation is recommended which uses Intense Pulsed Light, a non-Laser, broad-spectrum light source that targets damaged tissue without affecting the surrounding tissue, which is left smooth and rejuvenated. It is important the practitioner be experienced and knowledgeable in this field to attain the excellent results achievable.
• For loose, sagging skin that results in wrinkles (so-called crow’s feet, frown lines and laughter lines) I highly recommend Near Infra-red Skin Tightening. Treatment delivers swift results by stimulating production of collagen, is non-invasive, has no downtime and is painless! Depending on the condition of the skin to start with, treatments every 2-3 weeks for a course of 6-8 treatments to give lasting results.
Clear and radiant skin takes time to attain, and the length of time depends upon the condition of the skin to begin with. It is best approached by a comprehensive assessment of your general health, your diet, your digestive health, and an expert evaluation of the skin by an experienced skin technology practitioner.
If you suffer from a skin condition like Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea, Sebhorrhoeic Dermatitis or Acne I strongly advice Nutritional Therapy address to the condition for a few months before your planned wedding day.
At the Pulse Light Clinic you can avail yourself of all the services mentioned above; we have the resources and expertise to create a comprehensive package for you. Our well-established clinic and expert staff have a long and wide experience across all skin types; we use the latest technological equipment and have a few trade secrets on how to achieve clear radiant skin for your wedding day.
All we ask is that you allow sufficient time for us to perform our magic! (book your appointment at least two months before your big day). Call today to receive a free consultation – 0207 523 5158