Senior Consultant, Lucy Dawe sees over 20 clients a week for CoolSculpting treatment and a common question she is faced with is the difference between CoolSculpting and Liposuction. For patients seeking a nonsurgical method to reduce fat in a localised area, such as in the love handles or outer thighs, CoolSculpting may be the appropriate treatment. Liposuction is a more aggressive treatment option and allows for more fat to be removed during a single session. Here she explains the pros and cons between the treatments and how they work.
FDA approved non-Invasive procedure by trained CoolSculpting specialist.
- Natural procedure: We freeze the fat from outside which means there is no need for incisions. Seeing results working with the immune and lymphatic system.
- The results client have seen are impressive with 25% fat reduction per treatment
- Little downtime: You are not required to avoid exercise or time off work, you can resume normal activities post treatment.
- Areas treated: arms, legs, chin, flanks, abdomen, bra fat, auxiliary puffs.
- Fit better in clothes, lose a couple of inches.
- Side effects: Slight bruising, swelling, inflammation to the area, 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Not a weight loss treatment: Not suitable for those who are overweight or obese.
Invasive medical treatment by a trained Doctor.
- Improves health: The treatment can benefit and prevent further health related diseases due to excess weight.
- Permanent results: The effects of liposuction are long lasting.
- Removal of fat and cellulite: It can give the desired body appearance and size.
- Liposuction can target the fat in the body that exercise and diet alone cannot impact.
- Damage to the skin: Liposuction might result in damaged skin with incisions made in the skin during the procedure.
- Risk of infection: This is rare but could be caused by the punctures made by cannulas, internal organs, fluid imbalance or skin necrosis.
- Post treatment: You will need to avoid activity, take medication and require lymphatic drainage massages.
- Liposuction can sometimes be a little more expensive than CoolSculpting depending on the part of your body you choose to treat,