How to get rid of a double chin by making changes to your diet?
A double chin is often due to genetics; looking at family members of the same sex, and the age in which a double chin develops are key indicators (the younger one is the more likely it is that genetics have influenced a double chin to develop). Slim people can develop double chins too, and this is extremely likely to be genetics.
The good news is that genes can be switched on and off by environmental factors such as following a healthier diet and lifestyle than your relatives with a double chin and taking good care of the digestive system ecology. Beneficial bacteria influence which genes are ‘switched on/off’.
Mostly, double chins develop due to weight gain, because bodies tend to lay down fatty deposits all over the body rather than in one area.
To assist in losing a double chin, I would recommend a weight loss programme that seeks to re-educate the individual as to what a healthy balanced diet must supply, and about portion size rather than calorie counting. When dehydration is present, the signal for thirst and the hunger signal can become confused and one is actually thirsty but feels hungry and so eats. That is a simple way someone can end up overeating and gaining excess weight.
Diet recommendations for both weight loss and nourishing the beneficial bacteria in the digestive system, follow these simple rules for 2-8 weeks:
- Include at least one fermented food daily (choose from live yoghurt, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut)
- All meals must include a protein, a fat and a carbohydrate
- Eat 3 meals daily, no snacking between meals and space out the meals with 4-5 hours between
- Zero refined foods (white flour products, white rice, sugars (including alcohol)
- Drink clean water between meals (daily intake for men is approximately 3 liters, and for women 2 litres but it doe depend on exercise level, the season, and size of the body!)
- Carbohydrates must be 70% vegetables, 30% wholegrains
- 1 piece of fruit daily either with breakfast or as an entree before lunch
- Chew your food thoroughly and in a relaxed manner
- Dish up your usual size plate for the evening, then remove 1/3 of each type of food to someone else’s plate. Re-distribute the food on your plate before serving at the table
- With at least one meal of the day, add 1 tablespoon of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (With The Mother) to a tumbler of water and sip throughout the first half of your meal. Do not drink any of this mixture further than the first half of the meal.
To support a weight loss diet, exercise and good quality sleep need to accompany the regime as a priority because without these two important ingredients the dietary changes may lead to a lowered metabolic rate which defeats the objective.
At Pulse Light Clinic we also offer fat freezing treatments to reduce a double chin.