When you put in all your efforts to get into shape by changing your diet, exercising hard, and changing your lifestyle it can be frustrating and seem unachievable to see the results you desire to reduce your belly fat.
Nutritionist, Lisa and a senior consultant at Pulse Light Clinic discuss why it’s hard to shift belly fat and the solutions.
Diet and Lifestyle Tips
1) Reduce sugar intake – you can start by avoiding white flour ingredients.
2) Balanced meals – make sure each meal contain carbohydrate, protein, and healthy fat. This helps to keep you satisfied for longer!
3) Foods to assist in weight loss: Probiotic foods like yoghurt, kimchi, kombucha, miso, oily fish at least 3 times a week, vegetables, high fiber foods, and green tea. Book a visit with your GP or nutritionist if you are concerned you have a food intolerance.
4) Crunches – are one of the most effective exercises to burn belly fat. Consider speaking to a personal trainer if you’re looking to start a full training programme.
5) Sleep – helps to control your appetite. You will find when you’re tired you crave sugary foods for a quick energy boost.
If you’re looking for an alternative to liposuction to reduce belly fat with no downtime you can opt for CoolSculpting which uses fat-freezing technology cryolipolysis. This can be a one-off 45-minute treatment depending on your goal and results seen from 6-12 weeks post-treatment. On average clients notice up to 20-35% reduction.
The other option for those within 2inches of their goal is EmSculpt equivalent to 20,000 situps using high-intensity electromagnetic therapy to cause muscle contractions. This requires 4 treatments within 2 weeks with results seen from 6-12 weeks post-treatment. On average clients notice a 16% increase in muscle and a 19% reduction in fat.