Dr Dianni answers clients common questions during a CO2 laser consultation.
How does CO2 laser work?
CO2 is a powerful ablative laser that enables resurfacing and deep tissue remodelling. It superficially resurfaces your skin, enabling it to assist with removing pigmentation (age spots, sun damage) and fine lines.
The ablative power also allow deep tissue penetration and remodelling and this is useful for acne scar removal, stretch mark removal and to combat signs of ageing such as skin laxity, deep wrinkles and loss of volume.
What does CO2 laser treat?
• Raised birthmarks
• Viral warts
• Acne scarring
• Keloid and hypertrophic scars
• Skin ageing
• Facial lines and wrinkles
• Stretch marks
• Actinic keratosis
• Uneven pigment (brown spots and freckles, lentigines, melasma)
• Pearly penile papules
See more outstanding CO2 laser results from clients here.
What to expect on treatment
- Patient is advised to arrive 30 minutes prior to treatment to have the face cleansed and numbing cream applied.
- The doctor will have the final review and go through the consent form.
- Ready to start treatment.
- Safety goggles will be worn by patient and doctor.
- Depending on the size of the treatment area the procedure can take from 30-120 minutes.
- During treatment there will be slight discomfort but minimal pain and bleeding.
- Following the treatment we will supply aftercare advice.
- A follow up treatment will be booked 6 weeks after.
Suitable for skin types 1-4 only
How often can you have CO2?
Depending on the indication, one or multiple sessions are advised. We recommend 4-6 weeks between each session.
How quick to see results?
You may begin to notice results as early as two weeks and maximum six weeks. Results are permanent.