With summer approaching and the roadmap out of lockdown unfolding, you might be planning a holiday or have a special occasion coming up. It’s a great time to think about getting rid of stubborn hair that stops you from having smooth skin. Laser hair removal is the best option for long-lasting hair removal, incomparably more effective than waxing and shaving. Before you take a second thought or think you are not suitable, here are a few points you need to know.
How To Prepare Before Laser Hair Removal:
- Shave the area the night before.
- Avoid lotions, oils, creams, or fragrances in the treatment area.
- Avoid sun exposure 6 weeks before.
- Avoid fake tan, exfoliate for 1-2 weeks before any treatment.
- Avoid waxing or plucking 2-6 weeks before your laser treatment.
What Happens During Laser Hair Removal?
Following your free consultation and patch test, if you are suitable, we will progress with laser treatments. Your practitioner will begin by updating your recent health records to assure there are no contraindications during treatment. Then the following steps are carried out for each treatment:
- The treatment area will be cleaned and prepared.
- The treatment area will be marked out with a white eyeliner pencil.
- You will be given protective eyewear to cover the eyes, your practitioner will also wear protective eyewear. If you are having treatment on your face you will be given blackout eyewear.
- During laser treatment, cool air will be blowing simultaneously to ensure comfort.
- Post-treatment an aloe vera gel can be applied to the area to help soothe the skin.
- Hairs will grow back as normal, 2-3 weeks after your treatment you will notice hairs begin to shed.