Post Laser Hair Removal Instructions
- Factor 30/50 must be worn on the area daily or the area has to be sufficiently covered with thick enough clothing to prevent UV exposure.
- After the treatment, the area may be noticeably red (erythema) and may be swollen (edema) around each follicle. The area can be cooled again after the treatment to reduce the inflammation. This redness may last 2 hours up to several days after the treatment depending on the individual.
- The hair will shed after the treatment within 1-3 weeks.
- Do not tweeze, wax or pluck the area being treated between or prior to sessions. Only shave the area.
- Exfoliation can be done to help the hairs shed faster (please wait a minimum of 1 week after the treatment to do this).
- Hot showers and baths are not advisable for a minimum of 48 hours after the treatment. Only a cool shower should be taken.
- Deodorant must be avoided for 12 hours, it can then be used so long as the skin is not irritated.
- Exercise is not recommended for 48 hours after the treatment as this will reheat the area and may cause discomfort.
- Itching after treatments may occur, topical hydrocortisone or Benadryl can be applied to alleviate this, or an oral antihistamine can be taken (Claritin is better for day use to prevent drowsiness).
- If you change your medication you must inform the clinic more than 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Your Practitioner will advise you on the gaps between treatments as they can vary on the area of the body and depending on the results from the previous treatment. Typically the face will be every 4 weeks and the body every 6-8 weeks.
Please note if you have a tan at your appointment we have the right to refuse treatment and you may still be charged the cancellation fee of £50.