The following benefits are attributed to Certified Organic Apple Cider Vinegar With The Mother (sediment). It should be dark in colour, appear cloudy when shaken, and have a pungent aroma. The following are NOT attributed to Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) that is a clear yellow colour, nor any other type of vinegar.
1. Liver tonic stimulating detoxification processes and exerting a protective effect upon liver cells.
2. Acid Reflux Cure: an imbalance in the pH of stomach acid, a lack of digestive enzymes and/or poor probiotic colonies can be at the heart of Acid Reflux. Add 1 tablespoonful to a glass of water and drink at the start of your meals.
3. Friendly Bacteria Booster; ACV contains probiotics because it is a fermented food. It also contains a type of acid that promotes the growth of friendly bacteria in the digestive system.
4. Regulates the Acid/Alkaline balance in the body: ACV contains acetic acid which neutralises over-acidity in the body. An imbalance in the Acid/Alkaline state of the body can lead to chronic illnesses like cancer, arthritis, and Crohn’s disease.
5. Energy Booster: due to it’s effects on the digestive processes, taking ACV at the start of your meal will considerably increase your nutrient uptake and thereby supply more energy from the foods you eat.
6. Lowers Blood Pressure and triglyceride levels: studies of high blood pressure sufferers who regularly consumed ACV revealed a marked effect on both blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
7. Improves conditions associated with excess mucous: ACV helps break up mucous and support lymphatic drainage.
8. Fungal skin/nails: apply neat ACV to affected area twice daily, rub into the skin patch/nail for two minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and apply coconut oil.
9. Sore Throat soother: gargle with two tablespoons of ACV in half a glass of water three times daily to eliminate a sore throat.
10. Common Cold remedy: take 2 tablespoons ACV in a glass of water three times daily during an active cold.
11. Promotes Weight Loss: due to it’s effects in reducing a hormone called Ghrelin (the hunger hormone) ACV helps reduce appetite, cravings and overeating. Taking ACV with meals also delays gastric emptying maintaining satiety for longer.
12. Natural diuretic: ACV supplies Potassium and other trace minerals involved in the fluid balance in the body. ACV therefore stimulates the kidneys to excrete excess fluids.
By Lisa Borg, Nutritional Therapist at Pulse Light Clinic, to find out more about Lisa, please click here – Lisa Borg’s Biography