Rosacea Treatment Step Two: Support The 7 Elimination Channels
Support the 7 elimination channels to encourage detoxification to occur. Follow for 3, 6 or 10 days according to your B-T-L score above.
|1 Continue to follow what you have achieved in step one.||2 At least two hours after breakfast and at least two hours before lunch, eat half of an organic honeydew melon.|
|3 Two hours after lunch and at least 2 hours before supper, eat one small bunch of organic black grapes.||4 Eat one green leafy salad everyday (at the start of any meal).|
|5 Eat one portion (2-4 heaped tablespoons) of short grain brown rice every day.||6 Have one half to one whole clove of raw organic garlic with any meal (caution, some people with Rosacea are sensitive to garlic). Can be finely chopped or minced and added to salads, soups (once served) or humus type dips.|
|7 Make a conscious effort to breath properly and maintain good posture.||8 Buy organic ground flaxseeds and add 2 level tablespoons to one of your meals (wet meals like cereals or soup is best).|
|9 Buy organic produce as much as possible. If this proves too expensive for your budget some is better than none, and focus on your fruits and vegetables, oils, butter, meats and fish.||10 Include high fibre foods in your daily diet such as: cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, sour plums, apples, oranges, cranberries, flaxseed, beetroot, peas, beans, gluten free oats, rice bran, quinoa, buckwheat, and jacket potatoes (organic only).|
|11 Eat your vegetables raw or lightly steamed only, to retain their nutritional benefits.||12 Use only slow cooking methods such as simmering, steaming, broiling.|
Begin detoxifying strategies. Follow for 3, 6 or 10 days according to you B-T-L score above.
- Continue to follow what you have achieved in steps one and two above.
- First thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, drink one glass of warm water with 1-2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Wait 20 minutes before eating breakfast.
- Before your bath/shower, using a dry loofah mitt or an old flannel that is dry and rough (no fabric conditioner used), gently but firmly, with flat handed movements, brush your dry skin from ankle to knee using long strokes. Always start at the ankle and finish at the knee. Go all around the leg and when one leg is complete, repeat with the other leg -ankle to knee in the same fashion. When both lower legs are complete, take your bath/shower. Traditionally skin brushing is performed all over the body, I do not recommend this for people with Rosacea because it stimulates the circulation as well as taking off dead skin cells.
- Get to bed half an hour earlier everyday.
- At least once during stage 3, take an Epsom Salts bath (not for washing, just soak for 15 minutes and rinse). Pat yourself dry and ensure to wrap yourself in something warm.
Speed up detoxification. Follow for 3, 6 or 10 days according to you B-T-L score above.
- Continue to follow what you have achieved in steps one, two and three above.
- You must now add in 20 minutes extra brisk walking everyday (e.g. get off the bus/train one stop earlier, take the stairs instead of the lift, walk around the block before dinner)
- Following your morning water with lemon juice, do 5 stretches (arms up towards the ceiling, on tiptoes and hold for a count of 4)
- Book a lymphatic drainage massage session. The Pulse Light Clinic Team can recommend an experienced therapist for you.