PicoSure tattoo removal is the world’s first and only picosecond laser for multiple aesthetic treatment applications. This unparalleled breakthrough in laser technology delivers ultra-short bursts of energy to the skin in trillionths of a second, enabling unmatched photomechanical impact or patented PressureWaveTM.
Picosecond pulse width is 100 times shorter than nanosecond technology, enabling photomechanical impact to shatter targets without injury to the surrounding skin. With PicoSure, there’s nothing to prepare beforehand, you must follow all aftercare provided. The treatment itself is considered to be bearable and often described as a feeling like a ‘hot rubber band snapping on the skin’, your practitioner will discuss your options to manage pain. You can watch all the common questions answered here.
Picosecond picosure vs. nanosecond technology
Traditional nanosecond lasers predominantly rely on photothermal action, delivering heat to the pigment and surrounding tissue.
• PicoSure uses PressureWaveTM Technology to shatter targets into tiny particles that are easily eliminated by the body.
• Clears tattoos and benign pigmented lesions with less fluence, fewer treatments, and improved recovery.
• Removes recalcitrant tattoos and difficult colors including blue and green inks.
• Revitalizes the skin with micro-ablative FOCUS Lens Array for extraordinary results.
• PicoSure can target blue, green, purple, red, and black inks for fair skin types. Whereas, nanosecond focuses on black inks only for darker skin types.
• Both PicoSure and RevLite Q-switch have been manufactured by CynoSure technology.